More than 20 Years of Combined Legal & Judicial Experience
- Judge, 193rd Civil District Court, 2007-present
- Civil Attorney in Private Practice 1996-2006
- International Law Degree (LLM), University of London, 2016, with Honors
- Law Degree, University of Texas, 1995, with Honors
- Bachelors Degree, Duke University, 1992, Phi Beta Kappa
- High School, St. Mark’s School of Texas, Cum Laude Society
- In prior elections, endorsed by The Dallas Morning News and
endorsed as qualified by the Committee for a Qualified Judiciary
- Board Certified, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Member, College of the State Bar of Texas
- Member, American Board of Trial Advocates
- Former Member, Texas Board of Legal Specialization Exam Commission
- Former Member, Dallas Judicial Nominations Commission
- Former Member, Dallas Police Review Board
Judge Ginsberg is both a fourth-generation Dallasite and the son of an immigrant, having grown up near Hillcrest and LBJ in North Dallas. He attended Richardson ISD elementary schools, and then St. Mark's School of Texas on Preston Road, for middle and high school, where he graduated as a member of the national Cum Laude Society. Judge Ginsberg went to Duke University in North Carolina where he graduated Phi Beta Kappa with a double major in German and Classical Studies (Latin & Greek).
Judge Ginsberg returned to Texas to attend the University of Texas Law School at Austin where he graduated with Honors. After law school, Judge Ginsberg served as a Briefing Attorney for the Texas Court of Appeals in Austin, Texas for the Honorable Marilyn Aboussie. Judge Ginsberg had a successful law practice in Dallas for nearly a decade representing individuals and small businesses, having tried dozens of jury trials, before being elected Judge in 2006. While still serving full time in his judicial capacity, Judge Ginsberg pursued a distance learning Masters of Law degree (LLM) in International Law degree from the world renowned University of London. Judge Ginsberg is a member of a number of international bar associations, because he has always believed that when Dallas’ civic leaders & elected officials build bridges with leaders and professionals across the world, it will enhance Dallas’ reputation as an international city and its position in the world. To this end, Judge Ginsberg speaks six languages (English, German, Dutch, Spanish, Italian, and French). Judge Ginsberg currently resides in central Dallas, and is a member of Congregation Shearith Israel.
Judge Ginsberg is not only Board Certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization (less than approximately 10% of lawyers are so certified), but he also has served on the Exam Commission, which writes and grades the exams of attorneys seeking to become Board Certified. Judge Ginsberg is also a member of the prestigious American Board of Trial Advocates, a selective organization of highly recognized and experienced attorneys. Before being elected as Judge, Judge Ginsberg has also served the City of Dallas on several Boards and Committees, including the Judicial Nominations Committee and the Police Review Board, with such distinguished attorneys as L.A. Bedford, Stanley Mays, and Marshall Doke.
Judge Ginsberg achieved all these accomplishments, except for earning his LLM, before reaching 40 years of age. Today, Judge Ginsberg has over a decade of judicial experience and two decades of legal experience which he brings with him every day into the courtroom.